Wednesday, March 18, 2009
FO: Burda Style Vivienne Jumper
I finished the baby jumper. I ended up using buttons instead of snaps. Overall, It could be better, but my next ones will be. Sewing this piece gave me the opportunity to work with a fine fabric, 100% Chinese silk, a new experience for this novice. Not that I'm ready to run out, purchase silk and start whipping up anything with it any time soon. But at least I got my feet wet with it, and have a few scrap pieces to practice on.
I'm going to go ahead and send the jumper, along with a few store-bought garments and other gifts. In the meantime, I really need to get more practice with my sewing machine. Lots more.